What is H1N1 Flu?
H1N1 is a new strain of the flu virus.So far, the severity of this virus does not appear to be much different than the seasonal flu. However, we can expect to see many more cases as few of us will have immunity to this virus.
This virus appears to be more frequent in children and young adults than the seasonal flu.
Symptoms: fever greater than 100 degrees, headache, fatigue, sore throat, cough, runny or congested nose, and body aches. In some individuals, diarrhea and vomiting may also occur.
Wash your hands frequently!
Be sure to cover your coughs and sneezes with your sleeve, not hands.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.Don’t share food, drinks, or utensils. Frequently clean commonly used surfaces in your room such as doorknobs, keyboards, and bathroom areas. Try to avoid close contact with sick people. Eat well, get enough sleep, and exercise regularly!
Cleanliness in Common Area
1. If you shave, clean up all hair follicles when done
2. If you are bleeding clean up all blood
3. Don’t put your tooth brush down on common counters
4. Try to keep your bathrooms clean as possible throw all used paper towels into the trash
5. Use the toilet seat protectors and flush them when done
6. Wash hands, Wash Hands and Wash Hands
7. Try not to use the hand rails in stairwells if you are physically able.