Well, Great news everyone! This blog has been nominated for its very first award! The Leibster award, and not once but TWICE! The Liebster Award is a buzz word between bloggers, with the word Liebster meaning: “dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart.”
More about the Leibster Award and official rules can be found here.
My first nominator is by Gill Jacob over at Weemidget, at site with a healthy amount of reviews on movies and shows. Check them out here!
Here are the 11 questions Gill had for me
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- A friend and I worked on it together. I thought it would be nice to use a play on words with my name.
- How did you decide on the subject of your blog?
- Well thats easy! I blog about what I’m passionate and knowledgeable about! I am officially a Physician Assistant in May 2016. I want to help and inspire people to live healthier lives! Why should that be only 9-5?
- If you could choose a film to be reviewed in this blog which one would you choose?
- Does The Walking Dead count?
- I love the walking dead…I have watched every episode and get really serious when it is on!
- Which of my film reviews would you pass onto a friend if you wanted them to see the film with you?
- Its the movie everyone has an opinion about.
- Which of my TV reviews would you pass onto a friend if you wanted them to watch the programme with you?
- Never sat down to really watch it
- If you could move anywhere as an expat where would you move?
- I’m part Irish. I love the music, the colors, the design. I want to visit my roots!
- Final question… What 3 tips would you give for a first time blogger?
- Keep Blogging
- Keep marketing
- Keep a stockpile of pre written blog posts for writers block and busy days!
My Second Nomination was by Lydia Swanson over at Chick and Modish. She blogs about fashion and mommy life. You can find her blog here.
Her questions for me were:
- Three words that describe you?
- educated, compassionate, adventurer
- What is something on your bucket list that you must do?
- I really want to travel to Ireland
- How have you changed since becoming a blogger?
- Everything turns into an idea cloud for more posts!
- What’s one place you’ve never been that you’d like to travel to?
- Can you tell I really wanna go to Ireland yet?
- If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
- Eat some sweets. (I’m watching my carbs for myself and my readers! Have to set a good example!)
- If you had one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
- I would love to fly. I would sneak out at night and fly over the city.
- What does your perfect day look like?
- A day at the beach with good food, wine and friends
- How would your friends describe you?
- Funny, giving, and someone who has their back
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- I’d love to treat some patients in a 3rd world country who really need the care.
- If you were an animal, which one would you be?
- If you had to take 3 things with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
- a knife
- a blanket
- a survival guide book written by bear grills lol
My nominees are…TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Here are the questions I have compiled for them!
- How would you define a successful blog?
- Do you feel your own blog is successful?
- Which one of my recipes might you actually use?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What are your other super powers outside of blogging?
- Which one of my posts actually resonated with you?
- What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What would be your super power?
- What is your favorite color?
Now for 11 random things about me:
- I actually have a ton of fiction writing that i’d like to finish one day. However, one page blog posts seem easier to accomplish.
- I love to do my own and other peoples gel nails.
- Red is my favorite color to this day.
- I have 3 dogs, small medium and large. (chihuahua, pit bull, husky)
- I love the outdoors and jogging and hiking!
- Most of my colleagues think I’m nuts for endorsing a low carb lifestyle!
- I am learning to garden…we will see how this turns out…
- I will be the first in my family to have a Masters Degree
- I dont know if I will ever be able to tell the difference between murmurs in real life. Good thing I’m not a cardiologist!
- I love meat…especially steak. I dont think I could ever enjoy the vegetarian lifestyle 🙁
- I’m currently living in a dorm in Colorado, and it really does feel like college all over again.
So it’s over to the nominees now, remember to follow me and confirm your acceptance of the award below. Will also be mentioning you guys on my social media pages, so private message me via Facebook with your details.