Alright, I suspect many of you dear readers have heard about green smoothies, but how many have actually tried it? I suspect not many. Well I'm here to show you how easy it is to get more green in your life without sacraficing taste. The first thing you need to know is your green smoothie does not have to be ALL green! What fun would that be? So here is what I want you to do my dear reader, go to one of my blogs about smoothies, pick a fun recipee (like the one below), and add just a tiny little kale leaf, or spinach, Blend it in nice and smooth, and VOILA, your first green smoothie! As you feel more daring, slowly start adding more greens until you reach the maximum amount of greens you can put in your smoothies and they still taste great to you! A good goal to try and set is 70% fruit and 30% greens.
Why go Green?
- Great source of fiber
- great sourse of omega-3 unsaturated fat
- helps the digestive system (then you wont have to buy the embarrasing stuff at the supermarket!)
- Great source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and pretty much all those other vitamins listed on the back of your vitamin bottle!
- Many have reported improvements in energy, skin condition, and digestion!
- Helps with weight loss if used to replace one of 5 small daily meals or used to fight junk food cravings!
Some great greens to put in your smoothie are :
strawberry tops, baby spinach, dandelion greens, kale, celery, watercress, escarole, mustard greens, turnip greens, carrot tops, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, and alphalpha.
1-5 pieces of greens ( spinach leaves, parsley, or kale)
1/2 cup of ice
1 tablespoon of flaxseed