Ideally, everyone would have beautiful, blemish free skin. But, unfortunately, blemishes are not a made up myth. Bad Skin is something everyone has had to deal with at some point in their life. There are many tips to achieving better skin, like drinking lots of water and getting plenty of beauty sleep. However, no one talks about the different types of food that can result in a spotless complexion. It’s a known fact that greasy foods are terrible for the skin and junk food is to be avoided at all costs. But, what kind of foods improve skin? What foods should you be eating in order to achieve that glowing complexion?
- Salmon- Salmon is one of those foods that seems to work wonders for everything, including the skin. Because it is a high fat fish, it also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which keeps skin firm and moisturized. Salmon also contains high levels of zinc, a mineral that helps regulate inflammation and produce new, vibrant skin cells. Glowy skin is the new rage- out with dry skin, and in with the new!
- Avocados- Not only do they taste good, but avocados also have wondrous effects for the skin! Avocados are a great source of Vitamin E, which helps protect the skin from oxidative damage with its antioxidant properties. Studies have also shown that avocados contain compounds that protect the skin from UV sun damage. In doing so, avocados prevent the appearance of sunspots on the skin, as well as permanent damage from sunburn. Try avocados on toast, in a smoothie, or make some classic guacamole. Replenish your skin while also replenishing your stomach!
- Sweet Potatoes- As one of the uprising new health foods, sweet potatoes also have astounding effects on the skin. Sweet Potatoes contain carotenoids, which act as a natural sunblock for the skin. Not only do they moisturize the skin, but the also prevent your skin from burning and peeling while in the sun. Sweet potatoes also contain beta-carotene, which add a warm glow to the color of the skin. Glowing skin is associated with health and overall well being. Achieve a warm glow and beautiful complexion by trying out sweet potatoes!
- Spinach- Full of antioxidants that clear the skin, spinach is known for reducing the amount of acne you have. The antioxidants it contains will flush all toxins out of the skin, leaving a clear, luminous complexion. The high levels of water in spinach also contribute to the health of your skin cell’s membranes, causing skin to look more fresh and less wrinkled. Whip up a spinach smoothie for breakfast or a spinach salad for dinner, and you will have vibrant skin in no time!
- Almonds- Almonds are a great source of Vitamin E, which contributes to skin protection, as well as an all natural compound. Almonds contain antioxidants that will get rid of impurities, leaving a flawless complexion. Plus, almonds are a fiber rich snack option for when you’re on the go and want to have amazing skin!
Consider adding salmon, avocados, sweet potatoes, spinach, and almonds to your list of favorite foods right away! Achieve beautiful, flawless skin while continuing to eat healthy!
Jordan is the beauty and brains behind Beautifully Alive! She loves eating healthy and trying new recipes.The self-proclaimed Zumba Queen has a passion for beauty products and loves reading new books. She’s always down for a DIY project!